Re: [Roadsters] U10

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] U10
From: "Tom Hendricksen" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 22:27:07 -0700
The last time I had a 2 Liter U20 turn into a U10 was in about 1972 when I
jumped a tooth on the upper timing chain and bent a couple of valves on the
second 2L roadster I owned.  If I remember right the cost to buy all of the
parts, including chain guides, a new upper oil tensioner, and upper chain
was around $30 including a couple of new valves to replace the bent ones.  I
think I only bent two valves and drove the car home after working on the
race car a friend owned and drove.  Your right about the loss of power.  It
was a slow drive home.  The funny thing was that the chain jumped the tooth
in moderate traffic when I was driving like an angel and not winding things
out.  I probably would have needed a tow home if I had been revving the
engine.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland