Re: [Roadsters] the NEVER ENDING story

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] the NEVER ENDING story
From: Gary Boone <gboone70@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 18:22:46 -0700 (PDT)
Back when I sold these EI dizzies, I suggested in my instructions that came
with the dizzy, that the owner search the salvage yards for a spare module and
have it tested at the autoparts store.  Beware that a lot of testers will
indicate the module is bad when it is actually good. They're on any Datsun
models, years 1979 thru 1982.  There are still several 280ZX's in the yards ( I
just saw one last week in a local yard with a module on it).   I'd suggest that
if the tester says it's bad, install it anyway to prove it.  Then carry the
spare.  Beware of the module if it doesn't have on it "E12-80".  Don't buy it,
because its likely a Taiwan aftermarket unit and they are less reliable.

With my fuel injection conversion, I also converted my ignition  to a flying
magnet crank trigger and the ECU is controlling spark advance.  So I gutted my
EI dizzy including removing the module.  Pure heresy
Happy roadstering.
Gary