[Roadsters] OFF topic manifold question 92 Ford Ranger

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] OFF topic manifold question 92 Ford Ranger
From: davesmbox@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:59:54 -0500
Sorry for a Ford Ranger question on the list but with the wealth of knowledge
in this family maybe someone can offer a suggestion.
My 92 Ford Ranger I use only to plow my dirt road. The exhaust system came
apart at the V6 manifold taking due to rust a chunk of the drivers manifold
with it.
The manifold is bolted (not studs and nuts) with 3" long bolts with tiny 10 MM
heads. Even a 6 point socket starts to round the head of the bolt. I don't
think putting a torch to it will do the aluminum cylinder head any good. The
bolt threads are buried and can't get penetrating oil to. I need to get this
off. (grind it to bits ??????? )
ANY THOUGHTS

Dave