Re: [Roadsters] OFF topic manifold question 92 Ford Ranger

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <davesmbox@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] OFF topic manifold question 92 Ford Ranger
From: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:28:06 -0800
If after you've exhausted all methods of trying to work them off normally,
or yourself; whichever comes first AND you can get a drill bit onto the head
of the bolts then drill in the center of the bolt head with larger and
larger drill bits until the head of the bolt falls off.  After that simply
remove the manifold by sliding it off the remaining part of the bolt.
Consider that you might need a 900 adaptor for the drill but they're rather
inexpensive at Harbor Freight.

To re-install why not swap out the bolts with threaded inserts and then use
nuts/washers to hold the manifold in place.

Just a WAG.

Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:59 AM