Re: [Roadsters] dyno

To: steven boortz <vociferouschicanery@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] dyno
From: Dewey Hahlbohm <hahlbohmd@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 09:55:52 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
What size main & pilot jets are installed.

I encountered an unusual problem when I put the Mikuni's on my 2000.  It ran
well at idle, and for 20-30 seconds after starting to drive, then it would
starve for fuel and run poorly.  Turned out the rear carb was starving for fuel
because of the way I had my fuel lines running.  I put a restrictor in the fuel
return line that goes back to the fuel tank and that corrected the problem.

The Mikuni manual (available for free online) has a great troubleshooting
guide.  Good luck, Dewey