fot

Re: Axle update and other fantasies...

To: rjl6n@virginia.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Axle update and other fantasies...
From: Malaboge@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 22:35:50 -0500 (EST)
John sez-
<<
 At 08:58 AM 12/2/97 -0500, Chip Bond wrote:
 >The brother of our very own John Lye works in a foundry in New England.

 Actually, he's working at an art school (RISD) with an active sculpture
 program and as such, he's got after hours access to a foundry and all the
 associated mold making supplies including lost wax and lost foam materials.

 Mostly because he'd like to put a Weber head on his Europa, and he'd
 like to keep his casting skills intact.>>

How 'bout keepin the ole casting skills up with something a little easier, to
wit, water pump housings. I hefted the one for my TR6 motor and thought to
myself, hmmm, lots-o-weight, up high and up front. Three good reasons to
recast this thing in aluminum. While we're at it, how bout that little hefty
chunk that bolts to the side of the block to mount the alternator ? That
puppy has gotta weigh a pound and has no complex parts.

Any takers??

Never one to leave it alone...
       Nick in Nor Cal