fot

RE: Brake pedal height

To: "'vinttr4@forbin.com'" <vinttr4@FORBIN.COM>
Subject: RE: Brake pedal height
From: Chip Bond <spirals@esinet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 08:03:25 -0500
Jack

I, too, can confirm a marked improvment with the Tilton Dual setup. If you
want to make the swap, I can send you (or any interested FOT) a 1:1 CAD
pattern for the sheet metal required to adapt. Unfortunatly most of the
shelf area in the foot well had to be cut-out and replaced. Kind of a messy
job but, I think, the results were worth the effort.

No real experience with the TR-6 cylinder, but I have found some other
possible causes for those symptoms in the earlier cylinders to be

1. A blocked breather hole on the cap of the reservoir.

2. Worn seal at the reservoir valve. (The small one at the rear of the
piston assembly).

3. AND boiled brake fluid at the calipers. Bleed often, switch to the most
expensive brake fluid you can find.

Best wishes for your retirement, maybe you'll have the time to get to some
of the East Coast events, eh?

Chip