fot

Re: axle end float

To: mxr125@erols.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: axle end float
From: Catpusher <Catpusher@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 20:52:43 EST

<< Hi fellow fot,I am presently trying to set up a Salisbury limited slip
 rear in my TR-4 race car and experiencing a problem setting end float on
 the axles.I removed a Detroit locker which used a thrust button between
 the axle ends.I don't see how this will work in the new Salisbury unit
 and when I install the axles I have approximately 60 thousands end play
 on each end without any spacers.I am hoping someone has an answer to
 this problem,

<snip>  It is necessary to have a thrust button to set the hub brg. end
float.  The origional non-LSD axles have one too.  The hub end float
measures both sides at the same time, as it works through the button,
and against the timken races.  Study the axle drawing in the workshop
manual and you should see how it works.  The IRS cars do not use the
button.

                                      Regards,      Hardy