fot

Re: Pressing Questions...

To: cak@dimebank.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pressing Questions...
From: Catpusher <Catpusher@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 18:23:39 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/98 6:36:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, cak@dimebank.com
writes:

<< Well, gee. Weren't the originals cast iron, not billet steel? If there
 was enough interest, I could probably get a friend of mine to make
 up a mold and get them cast. The second-op machining should be easy.

 Hardy, you got one of these animals in your shop to copy?

<snip>  I have the factory tool for both the TR3/6 and the GT6/Spit

I did the file test  (I used one with a .txt extension :-) and the metal is
soft.  I did not test the thread area.

BTW one tightens the puller screw and then bashes on the end of it,
repeating the tightening and bashing as necessary.  Load plus shock

 Will we see you at Thunderhill this weekend?

                                              HP