fot

Re: Pressing Questions...

To: Catpusher@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Pressing Questions...
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:35:14 -0700
        Will we see you at Thunderhill this weekend?

Unlikely. We're in the group of flaggers who think it's too damned far away.

I couldn't imagine why it would have to be hardened. Cast iron
is really resilient, and mostly you're making good surface contact.

I would think that you might want to use a steel insert for the
threads, so it could be replaced when it gets damaged. But maybe
that's not necessary... someday, I should look at one of
these things. Is the center pusher just a hefty bolt?

I'll ask my friend if he feels like making a mold for a casting;
he's pretty busy these days. Is it cast as one piece?