fot

Re: BRIC

To: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Subject: Re: BRIC
From: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 1998 10:51:50 -0700
Wow!

My wife, my dog and I made it home safe and sound.  BRIC was everything
Jeff reported on and then some.  The Triumphs put on a GREAT show.  The
duel between Jeff and Mordy or the one between Joe and Jack was worth
the weekend admission price.  You guys provided a lot of excitement for
Triumph fans.  I hope my photos all turn out...maybe I will post them!
Bill and Bob have a unique relationship that most of us only wish we
had.  Two great guys having fun first and then some more fun!  John
Houlton I think actually took the checkered (not under power) but
coasting across the line.  He sure carried enough momentum to get that
done.  Great looking TR4 as well!  Don's white TR4 was running well too.
Alas I did not get a chance to meet some of the other drivers or fellow
FOT.  The racing was great, the cars fantastic, the weather couldn't
have been nicer but, the best part of the weekend was being able to
participate in giving all those kids a ride around the track.  I will
never forget that.
Saturday's touring session was fun but crowded.  Hope I didn't scare Mr.
Lang too much!!!   Bob rode with me as we attempted to video tape some
of the other Triumphs on the track.  Into the second lap we ran out of
video tape and had to concentrate on not letting any Vipers pass us in
my TR-6.  :}  (ya they got by)  Think I'll stuff a turbine in a TR6 like
the Howmett car!  Sounded great!
Thanks Irv for letting the kids ride Sunday.  Your race car will a
welcome addition to the pack when it is done.  Engine looks great!
Thanks to all for a wonderful weekend at Road America.

VTR was very nice as well, it was good to see so many nice Triumphs.  My
wife and I did three of the driving events.  One of the ralley's was
over 80 miles in length.  Can't get enough of that driving.  I think our
whole trip logged over 2500 miles.  (not all in the TR)
John Lyes TR4 was a real treat to see.  Hope to see John at Waynesboro
again this year.
Took for ever to get here and now it's all over with.  Two great weeks
of vacation.  Next year it's off to Portland Maine!!

Pat in NC