fot

Re: Weekend Triumph

To: Andrew Mace <amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV>
Subject: Re: Weekend Triumph
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 17:47:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Andrew Mace wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Bob Lang wrote:
>
> > You realize, of course, that our own Andy Mace was FBD (fastest bike of the
> > day) at VTR this year - on a Triumph!
>
> Alas, the obviously inferior timing equipment couldn't pick up my start
> or finish, so the record remains unofficial. Wonder what would have
> happened if we'd tried to time a Gloria Southern Cross? Similarly
> spindly wire wheels! :-)

Actually, when I realized that you had not tripped the timer on the
start, I tried getting whomever was the starter to run over and trip the
lights and then I was going to trip the finish line so that you'd have
FTD... alas, it didn't work out that way.

Sorry John Lye!

> --Andy

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |