fot

Re: FOT sighting at Tustin Thunder

To: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@virginia.edu>
Subject: Re: FOT sighting at Tustin Thunder
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 12:00:43 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, R. John Lye wrote:

> At 11:02 AM 10/7/98 -0400, Bob Lang wrote:
> >Errrr... I think this is because John L. really wants to put a Jericho box
> >in that car. Think NASCAR.
> >
> >Hi John.
>
> Heh, heh - we *have* discussed that option <grin>  I wonder if Sam H.
> has any spares that he'd consider selling?
>
> >Then it's a V8 (Rover 4.9, of course) and E-Mod.
> >
> >Kool.
>
> Could be fun...

I have to admit - for just plain racing - stick with stock. Change the
tires and drive.... but for all out fun, the Mod cars seem to have some
serious grin capacity. Besides - there's only a couple of things to
protest - engine capacity, wheelbase (on some classes), weight... that's
about it. Falls in to the Keep It Simple domain. NOT.

Just think John - the TR4 from Hell... has a nice ring to it!

I was just thinking this morning about a tube-frame TR6 with Rover V8
power. Wicked kool, as they might say up in Maine.

All I need is a few "Chase Notes"...

> Best regards,
>
> John Lye
> rjl6n@Virginia.edu

latah,
bobstah.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |