fot

Re: FOT sighting at Tustin Thunder

To: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: FOT sighting at Tustin Thunder
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 11:02:50 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Patrick McMullen wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> Thanks for the great photos.

Ditto from New England.

> I enjoy seeing and hearing about other
> great vintage racing events across the country.  Mordy broke a
> transmission???  I just talked to John Lye this past weekend and he too
> experienced a major transmission failure.  John managed to strip
> completely, all the teeth off third gear!!!

Errrr... I think this is because John L. really wants to put a Jericho box
in that car. Think NASCAR.

Hi John.

Then it's a V8 (Rover 4.9, of course) and E-Mod.

Kool.

Sorry to hear about the tranny failure(s) this recent past.

FWIW, everybody root for Sam Halkias(TR6), Rod Kent(TR6) and Steve
Schmidt(GT6) in E Prod (wow! 36 entries total), Steve Miller(Spit) in FP,
Mark McAllister(spit), Steve Sargis(spit), Chris McAllister(spit), Dean
Johnson(spit), Kevin Allen(spit and FOTer) in GP... too bad all the
potential Triumph classes will not be shown live on Speedvision this year
- but if the races are anything like last year they will make the
hightlight reel... on the downside, things will not be the same with HP
not there. Maybe next year???

Damn, I wish I was in OH right now... hmmmm. I could leave right now,
bring a cell' 'phone and call in sick on thurs and friday.... hmmmmm.

;-)

I'm def. planning on being at the RUnoffs next year. Anybody need a "grunt"?

> Pat in NC

latah.
bobstah
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |