fot

Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge

To: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 09:41:38 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

If you are inviting "current racers" to such a thing, don't forget Rod
Kent (from the Phoenix area and dedicated TR6 racer - he's been at the
Runoffs a few times in the recent past) and there are several guys that
run with Sam Halkias - Jack Madison and another fellow were at the '97
Runoffs. And there's also Fletcher Williams, who I think might hold the
title of most recent Triumph driver/winner of an SCCA national win (at
least in E-Prod)... and his car is still in his hands the last I heard...

All we have to do is drag out some steel fenders and bolt 'em on, right??

;-)

At any rate - if this pans out, I'm there. I couldn't race (no racing
anything license and no car), but I can lend very enthusiastic support!

Now, if someone were to accidentally drop off a few K $$$ my way - I know
of several X-SCCA cars in my area that are languishing in barns... all of
which I should have bought when I had money... sniff sniff... ;-(

Oh well.

rml

p.s. FWIW, my local town just passed a law about unregistered vehicles in
the yard... by definition, I'm not compliant. Sheesh. Too many lawyers
around here with too much time on their hands. Hmmm, maybe we could get
them into racing! Nah.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |