fot

Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge

To: JWoesvra@aol.com, rem9@cornell.edu, emanteno@ibm.net, jsnook@wcnet.org,
Subject: Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:46:45 EST
Jack:

Well put.  And you know I really understand all that.  My sons have no love
for MGs or TRs.  Hence the hottest thing going these days is Muscle Cars.  It
relates to which age group is coming into power.  Clearly...keep your eye on
that discarded NASCAR group.  They will biggies down the road.

I have NO problem with entries that conform to SVRA standards, and racers who
embrace SVRA philosophy.  I understand that Groups already exist where these
cars might fit, or can accepted under special circumstances (i.e., the
featured Marque).  I don't even have a problem with running with mixed groups.
I run Enduros.  I have no problem with Practice Sessions with faster cars.

My concern was the format, or direction this thing appeared to be going.
Probably in jest, but out there nonetheless, a gauntlet was being thrown down.

My concern lies with creating a venue whereby a whole bunch of greats, near-
greats, and worse...self perceived greats, who are called together to do 'real
racing at a vintage event.'  That could be scary.  It doesn't have to be, but
it sure could be.

Not to worry...I'll be there.

Bill Dentinger

PS

My wife says I have to get back to work.