fot

Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge

To: BillDentin@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: FOT NewsFlash: Announcing SVRA TR/MG Challenge
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 15:11:49 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 28 Oct 1998 BillDentin@aol.com wrote:

> Also well to note, that at SVRA TRIUMPH at Mid-Ohio 1992, Jack Wheeler brought
> his E-Production car.  I believe he did so at the request of THE ROADSTER
> FACTORY, but it was for display purposes only.  As you probably know, that car
> won an SCCA National Championship.  As you can imagine, it was 'no virgin and
> 'ooked the part'.  That is another of my other concerns.  I think vintage cars
> ought to look period and be in first class (cosmetic) condition.  As you can
> imagine, many current racers bear their battle scars proudly.  Rightly so.
> But again, I do not think that is proper for vintage.

Some might argue, though, that "period" battle scars, too, should be worn
proudly. My personal preference is to leave "Concours" to the parking
lots whenever possible. Not that I don't greatly appreciate a clean,
beautiful "vintage" car (like Uncle Jack's TR4, for example). But I would
hate to see the "character" or "patina" of an original period racing
Triumph erased by an overrestoration.

Basically, though, I agree with you!

--Andy