fot

Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey

To: LANG@isis.mit.edu, "'Amici Triumphi'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2001 Triumph Odyssey
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:05:21 EST
In a message dated 11/01/99 20:48:45 GMT, you write:

<< As for bringing a car over driving it around and bringing it back - it
 should be doable, but I'd figure at a min. around $2k in costs, exclusive
 of insurance and petrol (at roughly $3.50 per gallon last time I was
 there). I would think insurance might be important but I have no idea of
 cost.

Petrol or Gas if you must presently costs almost 90 pence per litre here in
the UK, that is roughly 4 GBP per Imperial Gallon, which is 10 per cent bigger
than an American Gallon, which makes it say 3.6 GBP per US Gallon, at the
present exchange rate of 1.61 USD/GBP that equates to 5.80 USD/US
Gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, apart from Norway, we here in The United Kingdom of Great Britain and
Northern Ireland enjoy the most expensive motor car fuel in the world!!!!

If that isn't bad enough, our esteemed government are sticking to the letter
of the Rio Environmental Summit which we signed, and continuing to raise the
price of our fuel by 6 per cent at each and every budget, whether we have one
or two a year !!! and our government postively hates private cars and has
stopped the classic car annual road tax exemption at cars built before 1973.
(Tough on late TR6 owners). All other cars have to pay road tax of about 160
GBP/260 USD each year, although next year that goes up considerably for cars
with engines larger than two litres (Tough on late TR6 owners,again).
I hate to think how much it will cost by 2001 ?

I won't mention the annual Roadworthyness test (MOT) which costs about 30
GBP/50 USD each year.

Just to let you know.
Regards to those in the land of the (almost) free (gas).
Leon
(Three cars with 2 Litre engines),actually 1998cc, so that's OK.