fot

Re: Triumph Sabrina

To: Baxter Culver <peyote222@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph Sabrina
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 10:40:12 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Baxter Culver wrote:

> If my memory is not too deficient,  I recall the Roadster Factory of
> Pennsylvania obtained a "Sabrina" complete with twin cam engine.   Was
> working on a restoration a few years back!

They (TRF) do have one Sabrina, as Graham Robson chronicled in the most
recent Triumph World magazine... they (TRF) also had two Sabrina engines -
I saw them with my own two eyes (touched 'em too, but don't tell my
x-wife... ah heck it doesn't matter - we're divorced, go ahead and tell
her ;-)) at the Group 44 shop in VA back in '94... I was amazed. Amazed
because I knew what they were, then engines that is, and that the Guv'ner
had two engines... I thought I had read that they only made five engines
altogether, so I was looking at 20% of the total ever made.

The thing that struck me about this encounter was the fact that they were
very concerned with maintaining originality - to the point where they
were doing nothing to them (at the time), just trying to make sure they
knew exactly what they have. According to the Robson T.W. article, the
car (929HP, I believe) is basically "as ran" at LeMans...

It would be _very neat_ to get Charles to haul that car over to Mid-ohio
for the event in June, hint hint. Even if it doesn't run right now.

Latah.
rml

p.s. previous messages on this thread included mention of a
Robson/Langworth collaboration - I need to point out that Langworth is a
founding (charter) member of VTR and will be giving the "keynote" at the
Portland event. Just in case you needed another reason to attend from
July 28th through August 1st.

;-)

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |