fot

Re: More Tires

To: "Jim & Ann Brown" <thebrowns@pdq.net>
Subject: Re: More Tires
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 23:53:10 +0100
>>Has anyone on the list used Avon Vintage tires? My local tire guru thinks
>>that they would be the "hot lick" for my car...(of course he sells them).
>Any
>>comparison? Info? Opinions? Hearsay? Outright lies?

Nick

Can't help you with the vintage race aspects of Avons. However, they've been
seen as standard fitting as a road-going tyre on Aston Martin (I think)
Rolls Royce and Bentley for years. There are plenty of other tyres available
to RR - but they stick with Avons.
For road use, I do the same. I've had long life from Michelins but if I can
buy Avons, I always go for them. They are quiet, don't generate unwanted
road noise from different surfaces and the wear rate is excellent. First
bought them in 1966 - and keep on buying them.
If you have a local stockist who swears by them, take his advice.

John Macartney