fot

Re: English Channel

To: beeline@iline.com, jonmac@ndirect.co.uk, TR3197@AOL.COM, jsnook@wcnet.org,
Subject: Re: English Channel
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 05:30:53 PST

>From: "Roger Beasley" <beeline@iline.com>
>To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, <TR3197@AOL.COM>, <jsnook@wcnet.org>,
>       <owner-fot@autox.team.net>, <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
>CC: <fot@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: English Channel
>Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 21:28:46 -0500
>
>Jon,
>
>November 14, 1999
>
>As today is the anniversary (59th I think) of the bombing of Coventry at
>the
>hands of the Luftwaffe, the question has crossed my mind about how the
>British auto industry, and Triumph Standard in particular, managed to
>recover from what I understand was almost total destruction.  How long was
>it before automobiles were next produced there?

As I understand it "Triumph" was already a dead donkey when the "War"
began... Standard Motors acquired the marque to spruce up it's rather stodgy
image and, without looking at my copy of Robson's book, was producing
Triumph badged cars  in either 1948 or 1949.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)