fot

Re: Cleaning motor blocks

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cleaning motor blocks
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:37:32 EST
In a message dated 1/18/00 8:43:00 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

<<  The same process can be used on the head
 and crank, but be aware that there's a BIG plug like this on the top face of
 the head, where the valve springs are. This one is also threaded but I don't
 remember if it is a standard size. The last head I did, this plug was
 leaking around the edge, so I drilled it out and unfortunately damaged the
 threads in the head, so had to drill it out and tap it for the next size,
 all of which works okay. >>

Years ago, I had a head boiled and it came back without the big aluminum
plug.  A standard pipe plug worked in this hole while using this head for the
next few years.  This method may not be recommended due to the expansion
coefficients of steel versus iron, etc.