fot

Re: Eligibility Question for Vintage /Historical Question

To: "dos_gusanos" <dos_gusanos@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Eligibility Question for Vintage /Historical Question
From: "Ronald R Gates" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:45:06 -0400
I guess the point i am trying to make is , what is the big deal if you
build a vintage race car and have fiberglass fenders that are stock in
appearance.  In most cases they are cheaper , easier to repair and  they
are more attainable  than steel ,and no rust repairs .So what  if they are
a couple pounds lighter . speaking for just one old fat guy ,i  would
rather spend the bucks on extra brewskis for saturday night . I wonder how
much difference a coors makes in the weight ratio between glass and steel.
 As far as the flares go , i say that  , it the car had them when it was in
its period correct mode , i think it is 1972 for svra ,but not sure on
this, let the guy run . Lets keep the damn cost down  with all this trick
motor , trans and rear crap . I do know for a fact about that aspect , been
their in 1967 and ran these cars and nobody had all this trick motor stuff
and ford rears . They did not fiberglass fenders either but , i still say
that in vintage as long as they LOOK stock why not. And what,s a healey guy
care what a tr guy does anyway . maybe after we are done with the the mg
guys ,................ o, never mind.
pete Gates