fot

TS 14227F - Value of a Rusted Beauty ?

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: TS 14227F - Value of a Rusted Beauty ?
From: Jeff Wilt <jwilt@leighengineering.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:43:07 -0500
This weekend I went to investigate a rusting beauty sitting on blocks near the
house.  I discovered TS 14227F, a 57? TR3 and proceeded to ask the owner if I
could give it a new home for essentially the cost of hauling it off.  The
response was that the frame alone was worth $7000 "on the internet".  Needless
to say I am not the current owner.

I am interested still as the car could be made into a stablemate for my TR3A
TS 35879L on the vintage circuit.  The body might be salvageable - tons of
rust, and some vintage bondo spots and wrinkles, the frame looked OK, and the
engine looked like every original part was in place (to my novice eye) with no
visible damage.  It looks like a total restoration for any other use.  License
plate reads 1973, Kansas.

Any ideas as to a value for such a Triumph?

Is it a 'significant' car?

Any arguments I can use to pry it away from the owner for a reasonable fee?
Any thoughts in general?  Any direct interest in such a car, I can get your
name to the owner.

My TR3A & I head out for our 3rd outing together (and hopefully the end of the
novice 'X') on the 24/25 of this month with CVAR.  Otherwise we both would be
at the MG/TR Challenge.  We are considering the RMVR race in July, anyone going
there with a TR  - give a shout.

Jeffrey G. Wilt, P. G., Rone Engineers, Inc.
8908 Ambassador Row, Dallas, TX 75247
(214) 630-9745   (214) 630-9819 fax
(214) 729-8475 cell
www.roneengineers.com