fot

Re: racing Vitesses

To: GRMTim@aol.com
Subject: Re: racing Vitesses
From: Bill Warner <bwarner@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 22:49:22 -0400
Don't know when PLN would have run the JK Jackson car.  The third Group 44 car
which I have, was the old Paul Newman car and when I purchased it over 11 years
ago, it was still in the silver and black livery that Newman ran (under Sean
Smith Racing).  Sean Smith was the son of PLN's personal secretary.  After the
car left Group 44, PLN had the car completely revamped at Bob Cuneo's shop
(Chassis Dynamics) in Connecticut where it received a heavier roll bar and
internals cage (something an agent would want for his racing client), coil
overs, and some stiffening.
Additionally, it had some special gear box with heavy duty straight-cut gears,
which neither Lanky Foushee or the late Brian Fuerstenau recognized.   As far
as I can determine, this is the only TR-6 driven by PLN and I have all the log
books to document it.   Bill Warner