fot

Re: Original SCCA Question Restated

To: "Jim Hill" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Original SCCA Question Restated
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:22:37 -0700
Silly is all I have ever said about the 1963 points situation. Oh yes, and
you could only count 2 races out of region for the points score.  These were
all Nat'l races of course.  You must remember that in the days before the
first runoff and the silly 1963 season only one or two National events were
held in the Western USA. This left the Nat'l champs always on the Eastern
seaboard, 'cause they had the events. That was the problem and the point of
contention all along. You can't be  NATIONAL champion if you need to travel
3000 miles for every event. The SCCA in theWest was  always overwhelmed by
the Calif Sports Car Club. Some of the regions had good races but not the
membership nor the drivers and the cars that the Cal Club had and thus lays
the power. So most didn't mind too much but it began to stick in everyone's
craw when some of the advertising and posters & claims as you mention were
released.  ENOUGH.