fot

Re: SCATTER SHIELD

To: gasket.works@gte.net
Subject: Re: SCATTER SHIELD
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:35:33 EDT
In a message dated 09/27/2000 1:48:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
gasket.works@gte.net writes:

<< I was just thinking...

 Could we not have this balistic material cut to fit the inside of the Tranny
 tunnel and then bolt it in place?

Mordy:

Up at ROAD AMERICA last week end, I was describing my WATKINS GLEN clutch
explosion experience and my desire to obtain a scatter shield with two 'old
salts' from the early days of Road Racing here in the USA.  These would be
the Ullrich brothers, Hal and Bill.  Hal was an early national champion.
They were involved in the development of the EXCALIBUR sports racers, and had
a speed shop on the north side of Chicago for decades.  They said scatter
shields are easy to make and the material of choice is fibre glass.  I am no
expert.  Does that make sense?  What do others think?

Bill Dentinger