fot

Re: SCATTER SHIELD

To: deistsaf@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: SCATTER SHIELD
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:47:35 EDT
Sirs,

Since I initially contacted you about ordering a transmission blanket for a
vintage TR4 racer, several fellow TR racers have expressed interest in this
safety device. This could lead to a multi-unit order to you, however, several
questions have been raised about transmission blankets that I forward to you
to answer. If you send your reply to "fot@autox.team.net" all interested
members will receive it.

1) Your blanket is SFI approved. Can you give us an idea of what the approval
spec is? i.e. design and test requirements, etc. (Just the basics!)

2) Has this device been reviewed by vintage sports car racing sanctioning
groups? Reasons why it would/would not be allowed?

3) For road racing use, does a transmission blanket create heat build-up? Do
you recommend that cooling devices be added?

4) Besides SFI specs, is there an approach using Kevlar blanket that doesn't
entirely wrap the transmission? Could the blanket of Kevlar be bolted inside
a transmission tunnel, for example? Our primary concern is driver protection.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

John Frymark