fot

Re: Coil mounting?

To: marshall@nefcom.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coil mounting?
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 17:14:36 EST
In a message dated 11/21/00 9:07:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
marshall@nefcom.net writes:

<< I've also been told that it's best not to have it mounted
 directly on the block where the factory put it.  Based on the space
 available under the hood, I'd much rather mount it horizontally above the
 pedal box.  I'm guessing that the reason for not mounting it horizontally
 is in case it breaks open and oil leaks out.. >>

I could be wrong, but I never knew that there was oil in these coils -- I
never broke one open.  Maybe I should go back to the basics -- a Duquesne
Light Company Industrial Power Transformer with a sprinkler system and moat.

I think the reasons for moving the coil off of the engine is to reduce heat
and vibration to the coil.

<<How likely is that to happen (break open a coil)?>> Not too likely.