fot

Re: Coil mounting?

To: dbrackin@charter.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coil mounting?
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:16:56 EST
In a message dated 11/21/00 6:01:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dbrackin@charter.net writes:

<< I remember working on my first car.  Everything that came off the car had
 be torn down to the last nut just to see how it worked.  Same for the coil.
 It had a carbon rod down the center, a black powder cake substance filled
 the tin container. Not much to look after all that work hacking it open.
 Never have had much interest in opening another.  One of those "been
 there...blah, blah, blah," things.

You presented an entirely different slant to our high school science class.
A few people have informed me that there is oil inside car ignition coils.  I
was going to whack an old coil with a hatchet tomorrow to find out.  Maybe
our Englatistical friends put oil in their auto coils, since one of Susan's
autos had a leak.