fot

RE: Realistically speaking

To: "'Mordy Dunst'" <gasket.works@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: Realistically speaking
From: Russ Moore <rem@CBORD.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:03:14 -0500
I have rented Shannonville in Belleville Ontario in the past to stage two
driving courses for the Triumph Club. The fee a few years ago was about
$1300US for the half-track course and then the next year we got the full
course for $2400US. This was for one day and does not include insurance
which is a MUST to cover any incidents (we had a roll-over the second year).
I had attempted to rent Watkins Glen which is almost in my backyard, but the
fee was in the ballpark of $6000 @ day and you had to be tied in with a
sanctioning body. The Canadian option was easy - the check clears, you're
good to go! Also, the US dollar goes a very long way in Canada which also
worked in our favor.
Something to also keep in mind, many tracks may be negotiated with on the
staging of an event. I was close to completion of an event that would have
had a $0 fee for the track usage as long as the track owner was able to get
the gate receipts from spectators which can be profitable for them if it's a
fair sized event with a draw appeal. They were even going to promote it for
us in their area. Having a regional or national TR/MG event would assure
that draw and maybe open the door for a continuance in the future. Another
option we explored was to stage an event to support a charity like "Make a
Wish" or a local children's cancer hospital. This also appealed to the
track's ownership from the PR standpoint and publicity potential.

Russ Moore
Twin Pine Racing