fot

Commission plate query

To: <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>, "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Commission plate query
From: "fredd" <fal@hiwaay.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 18:19:24 -0800
> I didn't think I could, and I can get the main beam lamps (in the middle
on
> the Vitesse), over here, however I will have to get the 5 & 3/4" diameter
> dip-beam lamps in the USA or in Europe, as they need to dip to the right
> rather than the left, like ours.

Leon,

Yes, you need the lights for LHD drive cars here, the others will get you
sooner or later in trouble for blinding upcoming traffic.
Try to find your lights in Europe, as finding good euro headlights in the US
is a big problem.
US sealed beam lights will make you feel like driving blind, believe me.
First thing I always do on any of my euro cars here, be it new or used, I
dump the DOT approved lights and install new euro headlights.
One good source for euro lights in the US is Daniel Stern at
http://lighting.mbz.org/products/ , but he has not as many available as you
can find in Europe. Try to find Hella or Cibie for the best light output.
I use Daniel Stern for most of my import cars.
You can email him at dan@mbz.org but sometimes he's a bit slow in answering.

> I wonder if anyone knows which American vehicle has the same fitting 5 &
3/4"
> diameter lamps as the Vitesse/Sports Six ?

No idea about what US car, but look at http://lighting.mbz.org/prices/ and
you find :

CIBIE European-code headlamps:
5.75" (146mm) round:
flat-face H4 high/low beam:  $56
flat-face H1 high-beam: $56
convex-face H4 high/low beam: $56
convex-face H4 high/low beam w/city light: $58
Clear Lens Classic R2 high/low beam: $58
Clear Lens Classic R2 high/low beam w/city light: $60
convex-face H1 high-beam (goes w/convex H4 or R2): $56

> I checked it but could find no lamps under lamps, lights or lucas ! :-(

Did Lucas turned the lights of again ?? :)

fredd