fot

Re: Swaybars and Aluminum Flywheels

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Swaybars and Aluminum Flywheels
From: "Matthew Wilder" <mwilder@top.monad.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 11:57:58 -0400
Sometime last winter/spring I remember getting a sales flyer from one of the
big three, maybe TRF, that had racing sway bars which sounded real good, had
ball links and all.  So somebody out there must be making them.

Finally got around to putting on the Donato flywheel I've had on the bench
for a year, a couple weeks ago. Old wheel was 27lbs the alum. was about 10
with the ring gear.  What a difference.  The trickiest part was heating up
the flywheel to get it on the crank, as there was about .005" in size.  I
measured the crank with dial calipers and the hole in the flywheel.  We
heated it with a torch kept at a good distance until the hole in the
flywheel was .002 over the size of the crank and it went right on. (use of
gloves is recommended :-)  Can't wait to get on a dry course to try it out.

Matthew Wilder
'67 TR4a E-prepared auto-xer
http://top.mcttelecom.com/~mwilder/