fot

Re: TR3Bs - difference between TSF and TCF commissioned cars ?

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: TR3Bs - difference between TSF and TCF commissioned cars ?
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@pop.mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 23:32:09 +0000
> I was kind of curious about this as well.
>
> Following an accident, the highway patrol impounded my TR3A when they tried
> to match up the registration with Commission Number on the firewall.
>
> When I gathered my wits about me, I remembered the number on the engine and
> was able to get my car out of impound.

But the engine number is NOT the same as the registration/commission
number.  The firewall commission # should be the vehicle ID number.
Now that doesn't mean that somewhere in the past a title from
another car may have been used for the car you have...or the car
may have had the engine number used for the VIN # when originally
sold back in the 60s.

Cheers,
Bill