fot

Re: VTR National in Breckenridge

To: rjl6n@cstone.net, spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Re: VTR National in Breckenridge
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 23:36:23 EDT
At 09:30 AM 8/28/01 -0700, Joe Curry wrote:
>Thanks!  I still think that you guys conspired to "Let me win" feeling
>sorry for the old man!!!

John Lye replied:

> Yeah, that's it!  I'll stick with that story now that everyone's tired
> of all my other excuses... <grin>

OK, the truth is out. Now everyone knows why I stayed home in Historic Hoag's
Corners...just to let Joe win. ;-)

uh-huh....

CONFIDENTIAL TO JOE CURRY: Amazing what one can do with radio-controlled
pylons, isn't it? But seriously, Joe, it might just be that you EARNED the
FTD!

CONFIDENTIAL TO EVERYONE ELSE, INCLUDING JOE: Everything I've heard all
around makes me feel just a bit sadder that I wasn't able to make it to
Breckenridge. And it doesn't help to gaze out my window to see the Hardly
Boys RaceSpit 4 sitting on the lawn under a rapidly disintegrating tarp. At
least it'll go back inside the barn as soon as I finish shuffling around and
making space for it. Didn't get to use it again this year. And by next
summer, I really don't know if the Exploder will be up to towing 1200-1500
miles or so to Minnesota. We'll see...it'll probably be showing about 210,000
miles on the odo by then -- only about 22 times the total mileage on the
RaceSpit! ;-)

--Andy Mace