fot

Re: Engine Bearings Question

To: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: Engine Bearings Question
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 20:09:05 -0800
We had 100 sets of  .010" under ACL brand tri-metal bearings made because we
did not want to use Glacier Aluminum alloy based bearings in our high
performance engines. These bearings are in between the Vandervell VP-2 and
Glacier bearings in load carrying ability and have about the same
conformability and particle embedability as the VP-2 bearings. We tried to
have both Vandervell and Clevite make a run of bearings for us, both they
were both exorbitant in price. We would have had to invest over $12,000. in
either case and would have had bearing in only one size that would have had
to sell for over $90.00 a set.  The ACL bearings go for $45.00 a set. We
have plenty still in stock, but only in .010" undersize.

Regards.

Greg Solow

The Engine Room.