fot

RE: 2 post car lifts

To: "'Brad Kahler'" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: 2 post car lifts
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:37:33 -0800
I've looked at a zillion of these, haven't bought one yet. If I was the
tiniest bit organized I'd know where my huge collection of lift flyers is.
The Barret-Jackson auction had four manufacturers displaying their wares.
The nicest ones have a guard that keeps your fingers away from the greasy
chain. The reason I have held off is that a buddy of mine claims it'll
just be a dust catcher. He has one, works on a even dozen big cars all the
time, almost never bothers with the lift. He uses ramps instead. I know,
you can't change tires on a ramp. And I really don't know why people say
lifts get rarely used by hobbyist mechanics, but I've heard it often
enough to hesitate.

Bill