fot

Re: 2 post car lifts

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: 2 post car lifts
From: "Mordy Dunst" <gasket.works@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:54:28 -0600
I must put my experience in....

I have a two post lift from "backyard buddy''.  Hydraulic single cylinder
and cables. It uses 12v hydraulic pump, yet AC 120 models are available. I
bought it to fit in my race trailer.  I ordered it to suit my needs.  The
people at "Backyard Buddy" were quite receptive to minor modifications.
i.e. larger foot plates, taller posts so that when the car is not on the
unit and you want to raise the unit out of the way it goes to 6' 4"
clearance.    The additional cost was not substantial.

I have a close friend / engineer who has a metal fabrication company and
does a lot of prototype work. He has all the very heavy equipment needed to
make this...  He looked at my lift and construction method and said it was
not worth his time/effort to make the thing ..and he couldn't make it any
better at any rate. So he bought one from them...

The only additional thing I added (he made for me) was an alum drip pan from
front to rear .  I made a pedestal between the ramps where a small bottle
jack fits to lift the chassis to remove wheels.

It works flawlessley.

Mordy Dunst
Gasket Works USA, LLC
www.headgasket.com