fot

RE: 2 post car lifts

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>, Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Subject: RE: 2 post car lifts
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 07:44:20 -0700
>At 06:37 PM 11/20/01 -0800, Bill Babcock wrote:
>>And I really don't know why people say
>>lifts get rarely used by hobbyist mechanics, but I've heard it
often
>>enough to hesitate.
>
>Perhaps that is because the typical hobbyist mechanic is not a
racer. My
>race car just about lives up in the air on my 2 poster.
>
>No doubt about it, I would not enjoy preparing the racer for each
event
>without the lift. Changing fluids, touching every nut and bolt on
the
>suspension, repacking  wheel bearings, brakes, etc. All done
standing
>up.   ;-)

Which is the exact reason we're looking to get a hoist.  As many
cars as we have (No comments here Henry..!) I don't look forward
to the idea of having to use hydraulic jacks and jack stands all
the time.  Also, I think you get a better perspective of whats
happening on the underside of the car while its on a lift.
Although I doubt that would have helped Henry to much in
identifying a weakened crank....! ;)

Brad