fot

Re: 6 cylinder pushrod length required

To: kaskas@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: 6 cylinder pushrod length required
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2001 19:25:45 EST
In a message dated 03/12/01 00:21:08 GMT Standard Time, kaskas@earthlink.net
writes:

> Subj:Re: 6 cylinder pushrod length required
> Date:03/12/01 00:21:08 GMT Standard Time
> From:    kaskas@earthlink.net (Kas Kastner)
> To:    GuyotLeonF@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net (FOT)
>
> The tubeular pushrods are produced with an insert ball and cup that has a
> portion that goes up into the tube.  This is NOT welded in place but simply
> pressed in.  SO.......you can pull out the insert and shorten the pushrod
> as you need then just press the insert back into place. I generally did
> this in a lathe using a parting tool and therefore did not have to remove
> the insert I just tooled off a bit of meterial right up next to the insert
> joint, tested it for length and then went on as needed, recording as you go
> and then make all the rest the same length.  It's just not a big deal.

Thank you Kas, that is just exactly how you described it in your BL
Competition Preperation manual for the GT6+ (1977 ed)...

Your memory is impressive!

Kind Regards

LC)on

1921 French Grand Prix driver: Albert Guyot, to Ernest Ballot ,
"Therebs only one winner in any race: the man who gets home first."

1963 Triumph Vitesse 2-Litre Convertible (Diva)
1988 Volkswagen 1600GT Scirroco Coupe (Driver)
Wimbledon, London, England.