fot

Re: exhaust size

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, RJunkermei@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust size
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:16:53 EST
In a message dated 12/11/01 12:05:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kaskas@earthlink.net writes:

<< Having the exhaust pipe come loose and be black flagged. >>

I was continuously losing exhaust pipes when they were run out of the side of
the car.  I finally took a piece of semi-flex pipe, bent it slightly to the
left, and then to the right until it was aimed towards the frame cross
member.  A straight pipe was then clamped onto the flex pipe to run through
the frame member, and to use the original clamp.

A piece of strap metal was welded across the exit side of the frame X.  Two
holes were drilled in the strap metal, and an exhaust pipe clamp holds the
second section of pipe to this metal.  This maneuver ended the problem of
ripped off exhaust pipes.

The fuel cell sits in the trunk with the empty spare tire cavity between the
end of the pipe and the fuel cell.