fot

Re: Differential Covers

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, <WEmery7451@aol.com>, <tr4u@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Differential Covers
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:29:01 -0700
I think for short races probably the finned cover and an increaase in
capacity would be the ticket.  If for anything more than 30 minutes I'd fit
a little cooler. Dosen't have to be  huge or anything but a cooler would
give the exrra capacity and cool also.  When testing the endurance cars in
1966 all fittted with disc type LSD ( first time we'd tried them) two out of
four burned up the pinion seal in less and twnety minutes and the other two
were VERY toasty smelling.  The laps were five miles long so that is
signifcant but still twentry minutes is pretty short.  We never had any
trouble at all with the locker. Put on a bigger cover with an increase in
capacity and still lost one during the event. Back at the shop took those
devils out never to return.