fot

Re: Differential Covers

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>, <Gt6steve@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Differential Covers
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:06:41 -0700
I've used a little cooler and a dumb bell electric pump. The AC gear pumps
worked well. ( if they still make 'em) If you are a true cheapshate (like
me) you can use finned tubes. The problem there is that you shouldn't start
the pump  until the oil is well warmed, then if you wait too long you are
trying to pump foam and that's no good either. I do like a BIG diff housing
cover that will give the capacity.  Making things bigger on the cover is a
matter of a welding torch and some material that suits. The diff and gearbox
are just like engine oil temp, a big step in capacity takes a lot of
problems away forever though.  That method worked wonders on my GT-6 engine.