fot

Re: 2003 International Triumph Challenge - Tire Requirement

To: "andrew stark" <whitedog72@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: 2003 International Triumph Challenge - Tire Requirement
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:50:03 -0500
I do not believe that the Hoosier DOT Road Race Tires will count as a
treaded tire.  From what I have gathered so far (since that is what I
have been using in the SCCA), that VARAC still considers them as a
slick.  They are not a full treaded tire.  Russ, please correct me if
I am wrong, since that will save me the expense of buying new tires.
I have been looking at some of the tires that Khumo offers, since they
have more and deeper tread than the Hoosiers.  Full tread depth is
8/32 inches and the price is reasonable.  They are advertised to be
usable for rain tires at full tread and dry tires at 4/32, but I still
need to find out if they will hold up in the dry at 8/32 tread depth.
I don't need to start chunking the tires the 1st day of a 4 day event.
Joe(B)