fot

RE: Anti-Roll Bar Materials Question

To: "elliottd" <elliottd@look.ca>, "Larry Young" <cartravel@pobox.com>,
Subject: RE: Anti-Roll Bar Materials Question
From: "Bill Bartlett" <billbartlett@homerebuilders.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 19:52:49 -0500
Bonjour Don,
that raises a good question how does one anneal a weld in Chrome Molly?
 I went to an excellent seminar in the art of TIG welding with the new Miller
Dynasty Tig welder - very exciting when you consider that not only is the wave
profile adaptible, with the fequency, squaring, node amplitude and duration,
and it can be programed for a start up and cool down exit, etc...... All very
sophisticated  - just what the hobbist needs more tools to play with.
Anyway I got all charged up and then relized that I did not know how to apply
the info to Chrome Molly. So can anyone add insight to how one can heat treat
or anneal the chrome molly welds?
Thanks BIll
PS: Does SCCA still allow the thinner wall chrome molly tube?
Is it really a superior tube for strength and repeated weldability?