fot

Re: Oil - what kind?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil - what kind?
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:54:41 EDT
In a message dated 5/16/2003 3:52:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time, kaskas@cox.net
writes:

> I too am a Kendall guy.

So...what did the Group 44 cars really use? :-)

I can offer little Triumph competition experience as far as brands of oil,
but good old Quaker State has been pretty good to me in my street cars over
the years. Most recently, my Explorer mechanic (who probably is the one who
caused the terminal loss of oil pressure inside the engine, but that's a long
story that has nothing to do with oil itself) commented on how clean the
inside of the Explorer's engine was...after nearly 218,000 miles on Quaker
State.

Admittedly, I'm currently using Castrol 20W-50 in the Herald, but that's
mostly because (for some odd reason) it's easier to find Castrol in that
weight in the local discount stores than Quaker State.

--Andy Mace

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and
those who don't."