fot

RE: Oil - what kind?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil - what kind?
From: "Susan and Jack Brooks" <tr3a@att.net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:30:16 -0700
Steve,

This is probably the wrong list for true confessions, but I've been
running Mobil 1 since 1981.  I run my cars until they (almost) drop,
usually about 200K.  I change the oil and filter annually, or 20,000
miles, whichever comes first.  My current driver, a 1988 Saab 9000S has
205K on it and it uses essentially no oil (less than 1/8 quart) between
annual changes with about 10-12K/year. I used to change filters twice a
year, but haven't done the mid-year filter change in almost 10 years.
I've never had an oil burner, except my 1972 Chevy Vega GT, but that's a
whole 'nother story - Great car though!

Being used to the annual spring oil changes, having to change our new
Subie's oil every 7,500 miles to maintain the warrantee is really
annoying.

I do change the (street/AutoX) TR3's oil, also Mobil 1, every year too,
even though it only sees about 2K miles.

Jack Brooks