fot

memories

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: memories
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:58:49 -0700
Friends,

I have been enjoying reading about everyone's memories as I nursed a bad
case of the flu that put me out of commission for 3 days.

Now that I am back among the living, I thought I'd contribute a few of
my own.

1. (Feb 19, 1967) Winning my very first autocross after being coerced
into running by the Lubbock Texas "South Plains Sports Car Club" after
which I astonished the guy who was my main competition (a 67 Camaro SS)
when he learned that my 67 Camaro had a 230 ci 6 cylinder.

2. (March 19, 1972) Watching Emerson Fittipaldi win the Daily Mail Race
of Champions in his John Player Special Lotus F1 Car, Brands Hatch
England.

3. (April 16, 1972) Watching Mario Andretti and Jackie Ickx team up to
win the BOAC 1000Km race in a Ferrari 312PB at Brands Hatch.

4. (August 4, 2001) Taking FTD at the VTR 2001 Autocross from often
winners Bownes, Lye and Bradakis in the last event Tiny Tim ran before
the now infamous Honda S2000 engine swap.  It seems that the
aforementioned good drivers were gracious enough to hit pylons and my
slower clean run took top honers.  (Thanks again, guys!)

There are numerous more but those stand out in my fading memory!

Joe (C)