fot

Re: TR6 Intake manifold

To: charly@mitchelplumbing.com, walt@hot-tr6.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Intake manifold
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:11:28 -0800
Charly,

I also have 2" SU's installed on my Street TR6.  I used carbs from a Rover
2000TC, fabricated my own linkage to all stock pieces except for the pivot
fulcrum.  The 200TC carbs have the floats close enough to the correct angle.

I did quite a bit of research on the manifolds and which head to use as I
had both at my disposal.

The early manifold head combo.
boring of the head is a little more complex than it sounds...we did it on a
jig boring machine to match the 50 offset.  On the early manifold we found
that when boring out to 2" you WILL break into the water jacket.  This was
easily fixed by a skilled aluminium welder and then pressure checked.  AFter
welding we re-machined the opening.  With the 2" carbs we did not have a
clearance problem with either the header or the bonnet.

We did the same operation on a later manifold and found no problems when
opening up to 2".  There did appear to be some interferance with the bonnet
on this setup as they sit about 1 or 2" closer to the fender well.

anyways hope that helps...I think the later manifold that is bored out is
still around somewhere...

Aaron Johnson
#38 F-Prod Spit Mk4 Oregon Region SCCA
http://www.geocities.com/spitracer9