fot

Re: TR6 Intake manifold

To: <LOddTR@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Intake manifold
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:16:11 -0800
Leo, the sanctioning body of the group I race with (SOVREN www.sovren.org ) is
starting to enforce the 1969 GCR which is the rules the cars were raced under
in 69.  The C production cars were allowed to run 2 SU's or ZS's or PI.  They
allowed me to run last year with the Webers, but told me I'd have to change
them for this year.  I have 2 sets of PI that I had hoped to use, but I think
everyone has talked me out of it for at least this year.  SOVREN was also
checking car weights at the last race of the year last year and are going to
start enforcing that rule.  It is interesting the difference in weights of the
cars!  There were 4 MGB's that ranged in weight  from 1700 lbs to 2100 lbs!
No wonder I always had trouble keeping up with that one MG.
I actually believe in the rule enforcing, if it is done evenly across the
board.  Which would mean the big V8 cars could not use the newest hi-per stuff
hade for their motors but only parts made prior to 69.  Drilled or slotted
rotors are not allowed at all either, I guess they decided they were never
used before then.  Our group also has a cut-off date of 12-31-69 for
manufacture date except for exhibition cars.
I'm going to be installing 2 HIF6's on the car and I'm trying to find out what
has been done to early TR6 manifolds to make them more efficient.  There is a
baffle just inside the manifold on the #2 & 5 runners which I wondering if I
can remove it or most of it without destroying any of the characteristics of
the flow it produces.
Charly